Friday 30 July 2010

Masking Technique

So while surfing the internet today I found this adorable card that I just had to case, full credit to brierrose from Splitcoast Stampers, unfortunately I couldn't find a blog for her. Her card was in a lovely bright yellow.

I put this together in hoping that my supplies would arrive today as the twine would look great holding the bird cage up as per the sample however it didn't arrive so until it does my poor bird is floating in mid air.

The masking technique is what you can see around the bird cage. To get this affect I stamped this image on another piece of paper, cut it out and placed it over the image on my card and sponged the Stampin' Up! Pastels over the top and around it.



Stamps
• Happy Moments

Paper
• Going Gray Card Stock
• Almost Amethyst Card Stock
• Tea Party Designer Paper Series
• Whisper White Card Stock

Ink
• Going Gray

Stampin’ Up! Accessories
• Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
• Brads - Earth Elements - Old Olive
• 1/2" Circle Punch
• Stampin' Pastels - Old Olive
• Stampin' Glue Dots

2 comments:

  1. Darling button and I like how you sponged around the iamge. Great colours on your blog BG too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card! Thanks for sharing it with us :-)

    ReplyDelete